Tuesday, September 8, 2009

All Good Romances Take Time to Bloom

Like all flowers a good romance takes time to bloom. There is much leg work that must be done by the author, as well as the honey bee who pollunates in the spring. A reader wouldn't get their feel or be as satisfied if the author didn't do the best job depicting the courtship between the characters that leads up to them becoming lovers.

I've been reading Regency Historicals lately and the authors of the books have been fabulous. I've leared a great deal from these authors even if I do write American Historicals. (Face it, there aren't that many American Historicals out there these days so you have to take what you can get. And I'm not complaining.) The description and detail given to scenes, the sexual tension between hero and heroine and the love scenes all culminate to make the books enjoyable reads. Sometimes these three elements mesh so well the reader can't put the book down.

And for those curious to know who I've been reading just shoot me an email. I'll be happy to share.



No comments: