Saturday, January 15, 2011

Catching up... after the snow .. more tidbits of Civil War history

It has been a few days since I was able to post. We've had snow and ice and more snow in the last week. I also have had much to deal with at my "day" job and haven't had the chance to write. However, with the snow I was thinking how did they deal with it when it snowed during the Civil War? They couldn't very well call for a cease fire and go home until the weather improved. They kept on fighting.

I have been pointed toward a page on Facebook geared toward Civil War history. If you are interested check it out http://www.facebook.com/nytimescivilwar

Today in history....

1861 Albert Sidney Johnston assumes the command of the Department of the Pacific.

1862 Edward Stanton becomes the Secretary of War upon the resignation of Simon Cameron.

blueandgraytrail.com/date/January15

No comments: